Tuesday, March 5, 2024

CST 338 - Module 1

 CodingBat Challenges

For this module, Dr. C had us doing some coding challenges via CodingBat. This was my favorite part of the module as I love doing coding challenges and do them quite often in my free time. I've coded some Java in the past, but I've focused mainly on C++ and Python, so this was a good review for me. There weren't any challenges that I felt were difficult, but I did try to challenge myself to keep my solutions short and incorporated quite a few ternary operators. Another challenge for me was this "countCode" problem that was nicely solved with regular expressions. My original solution (without regex) worked, but certainly wasn't "nice", so I used the problem as an excuse to refresh on regular expressions and wrote a better solution.




No comments:

Post a Comment