Tuesday, April 16, 2024

CST 338 - Week 7/8

 Jotto

Looking back at the Jotto assignment, I definitely would have approached it more systematically instead of the hail mary way I usually approach challenges. I think this would have saved me quite a bit of debugging. I would also have wired things up more thoroughly so I didn't have to program the whole project before testing.

Victories

This semester I feel proud of going out of my way to utilize the resources available to me and learn something new. I tend to take the comfortable path, but I reached out to both the TA and Dr. C for answers when I struggled or just wanted to improve and that's definitely something that was hard for me to do in previous classes.

I also was very excited to learn about Android Studio. While Project 2 was certainly a crazy undertaking and there were many moments of defeat. I managed to get a reasonably solid grasp on how to handle intents and shared preferences, which is a win in my book. I had fun making layouts too, as it reminded me of web development and design, which is something I really loved when I was younger.

Considering I had effectively no Java experience before this class, I feel a lot more comfortable with it and am looking forward to undertaking more challenges in future classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment