Tuesday, February 20, 2024

CST 300 - Module 7

 Final Research Video Project

For the final research video, we have been collaborating over Discord as we have for most of our group assignments. We broke up the project by editing (two people), the three main points of generative AI, and an intro/conclusion, but we have been in constant communication as we go. We are uploading our video clips and any necessary slides using Google Drive and are planning to collaborate for the voice-over using Adobe Premier. I think for next time, the only thing that I would do differently is to start sooner as I think we were all preoccupied with our ethics essays. It could just be that because I have no experience making a video that portion of the project is making me a little nervous.

Lecture Readings

    ted.com

    For the ted.com videos, the first I chose was related to my own interest in linguistics. I've loved learning languages since I was a child and watched a video on the benefits of bilingualism. It was interesting to hear about the differences between how and when you learn a language, and how it might not be obvious to outsiders. I'd always assumed that learning more than one language can help your brain engage in different tasks, but it was cool to learn that it can actually delay the onset of Alzheimer's disease. The second I chose was How virtual reality turns students into scientists. It was a cool talk about how Google Cardboard was used to provide accessibility to virtual reality as a way to get students engaged in a science class's curriculum. I think using emerging technologies to aid in education is very interesting and a great way of getting students more involved in topics they might not see themselves enjoying.

    Visual Aids/Presentation

    It was funny to watch the comedy video, Life After Death by PowerPoint. I know it's a joke, but it made clear how some visual aids are overdone or more distracting than they are useful. The visual aids and props article was a good resource for how to balance visual aids with real information and not use them as a substitute or a distraction for a poorly planned presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment