Tuesday, September 24, 2024

CST 311 - Week 4

 Most of my week 4 was spent studying for the midterm. I knew I was struggling with computing the transmission times, so I focused on that. Luckily it paid off and I did better than anticipated on the exam. Unfortunately, two of the questions I missed were errors concerning JEDEC standard vs SI. I thought that I had considered that in my calculations, but I will be sure to double check for the next exam.

We also began work on the network security section of our text. I'm excited to start this section as I was obsessed with code-breaking as a kid so I'm hoping that interest will translate to understanding. So far, the different encryption algorithms are a little over my head, but I know they play an important role in modern-day security, so I am hoping as this section continues I will develop a better comprehension of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment