Friday, August 9, 2024

CST 334 - Week 8

 In computer science, persistence is necessary for most programs. Persistence is when data is maintained even in the case that the process crashes or exits. For example, in the last class, we created an application that stored user data. Even after killing the application, we would be able to log in with those credentials when re-opening the app due to persistent data. When a user writes a letter in Microsoft Word and wants to save it for later, they save the file to a certain folder and the software does the rest. In this module we learned the basics of how a hard drive works and how files and directories make up the interface for how our system stores data.

As a computer science student, we are challenged every day to expand our thinking and wrap our head around complex concepts. We must continue on in the face of these challenges in order to grow and improve our skills. For me, this class was an especially good opportunity for me to be persistent. Computer architecture has always been my weak spot, but I know that if I keep pushing myself it will all be worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment