Saturday, January 6, 2024

CST 300 - Module 0/1

Hello everyone! This post begins the two-year journey toward a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science through the CS online program at CSUMB. For module 0, we spent time getting to know our team members, coordinating our study schedules, and collaborating on a team resume. We settled on Enhydra Engineering, a cross-platform development company that will utilize all of our skills from UX/UI to machine learning.


The next module consisted of some great information about what makes a successful team. I accidentally moved a bit forward in the OLI modules and thought the information about team dynamics was very interesting and it will definitely be useful in the weeks to come.

After finishing the OLI concepts, we were tasked with creating our learning journal and connecting with our faculty through LinkedIn and Google Chat. I still need to create my YouTube introduction video. I'm uncomfortable in front of a camera, so I'm in the process of psyching myself up for it.

The last assignment for this week was to begin on our Industry Analysis paper. We were tasked with creating a reference page and an outline that will help us write the drafts in upcoming modules. I chose to do my paper on the video game industry, specifically Activision/Blizzard, as I'm interested in going into game development and I spent a heavy majority of my free-time in high school playing World of Warcraft.

1 comment:

  1. Having someone you feel comfortable with bouncing ideas around with helps a lot with asking questions. It gets your mind thinking and exploring and sometimes you end up answering your own questions just by thinking. But sometimes if you don't have a person even taking through questions out loud helps your brain process things. You might be familiar with the programming concept of rubber duck debugging, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_duck_debugging. Basically, substituting in a rubber duck as someone to ask questions to when you're stuck, gets you to work through the problem, and sometimes don't even need to ask another person!

    But if you ever do need another person to bounce ideas off of, or just asking questions, feel free to drop me an email or chat any time, I'd be down to help!




    ReplyDelete